By Gail Lynne Goodwin.
At the end of our path when we look back on life, we won’t remember the worry over the bills, the disappointment over not receiving the promotion, or the things that we might have judged as a “failure” in our life. What we will remember, are the moments that we loved, for love is truly the meaning of life.
At the core of every religion is one thing- love. When it comes down to it, love is the only thing that really matters. So, if we want to live a life that really matters, the most important question we can ask ourselves is…. “Am I being loving in this moment?”
It’s easy to be loving when people are kind to us and things are going our way. It can be a challenge when life kicks us in the face. When someone cuts us off in traffic or steals our parking space, our default mode is usually one of anger rather than love. Instead of cursing that person, that’s the time to ask ourself, “What’s the most loving thing I could do right now?” Not only will our kindness make it difference in their day, most important, it will make a difference in ours too!
The greatest gift we can give to one another is the gift of our kindness and our love. When we walk with compassion and kindness for others, the whole world is a better place for all of us.
Loving others starts with first loving ourself. Forgive yourself for the mistakes you’ve made and let them go. See yourself as the magnificent being that you are, with unlimited potential and infinite possibility. Realize that you are so much more powerful than even your biggest problems. When we tap into the core essence of who we are, we feel better about ourselves and it’s easier to share love with others.
7 Steps to Bring Love Into Your Life NOW!
– Start and end your day with gratitude. If what you focus on grows, let it be gratitude for the love in your life.
– Apologize to those you have hurt and forgive those who have hurt you. Start each day with a clean slate and a heart overflowing with love.
– Wear a smile as a badge of courage and don’t let anyone wipe it from your face. Be conscious of your smile and share it lovingly!
– Surround yourself with loving people who support you and your growth.
– Think kind thoughts. Our actions first begin as thoughts, so replace negative thoughts with loving kindness.
– With every action and especially with our reactions, spread only love. If it’s not kind, don’t do it. Period.
– Take love with you in all things that you do and leave only ripples of kindness behind you.
May your day overflow with love!