By Tara Taylor.
Having dug deeper into the make up of how the ego works in others, my findings show there are two types of ego. This is why some ego balancing techniques will not work if one does not know which ego type they are. Our ego types are chosen before we come into our human bodies to help us achieve our soul’s purpose and to live life to the fullest. Our ego type will question us in the right way to have us learn our purposes in which we are here for. Since we are a species of stereotypes, I have decided to call one the low ego and the other the high ego. One is no better or worse than the other and you will understand why I have named the ego types this way as you keep reading.
LOW EGO TYPE
Low ego types tend to inflict negative emotions on themselves. They struggle with feelings that everyone is better than they are and they judge themselves harshly. Think of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh, as if they believe that there is a dark cloud floating over head.
Characteristics of the Low Ego Type:
- Difficulty taking compliments.
- After a compliment is given, a response of why the compliment isn’t that nice is given….deflecting
- Looks to others for approval
- Constantly saying you’re sorry even if it is not your fault
- Struggles with self image such as weight
- Judgmental of themselves
- Feeling that they can always do something better (perfectionism)
The positives about a soul with a low ego
- Loves to give
- Good listeners
- Sees beauty in everything (expect themselves)
- Works well with others/team player
- Fair and just
- Forgives others and blames themselves (has a hard time forgiving the self)
- Good educators/teachers
Below are some affirmations that work well with low egos to keep them in balance. Pick three that you are attracted to and say them morning and night in front of the mirror seven times and remember to breath 3 times before and after the affirmation.
- I have confidence and strength with decisions I make for myself.
- I trust that I am a good person and people like me for who I am.
- I trust the flow of life and move forward fearlessly.
- I love my body and nourish it and keep it healthy.
- I enjoying expressing my feelings to others and do so with strength and love.
- I am free to ask for my needs and wants.
HIGH EGO TYPE
High ego types are no better than low ego types, they are both equal, they just differ on how the ego works within one’s self. This type tends to feel the need to be the centre of attention and will pretty much do anything to get it. To give you a visual, think of Tiger from Winnie the Pooh, he always needs attention from others to feel good. This type is the polar opposite of the low ego, their ego tries to tell them that they are better than others to help them feel confidant when threatened.
Characteristics of the High Ego Type:
- Tendency to lead
- Difficulty admitting wrong doings
- Tends to compare others
- Hard time coping when they do not get their way
- Judgmental of others
- Holds onto grudges
The Positives about a soul with a high ego
- Tons of fun to be around/can be the life of the party
- Takes risks
- Can get you excited about life
- Great motivators
- Great in politics
- Stands up for others when they are wronged
- Deals with stress much easier as they can deflect onto others
Below are some affirmations that work well with high egos to keep them in balance. Pick three that you are attracted to and say them morning and night in front of the mirror seven times and remember to breath 3 times before and after the affirmation.
- Finding beauty within myself allows me to find beauty in others.
- I let go of unforgiveness towards others as this emotion only affects my internal body.
- I trust that others will make the right decisions and that I can let go of control and trust the flow of life.
- I only speak words that are loving, I am free of fear.
- I relax and let life flow through me with ease, I am all the attention I need.
- I feel so much better now that I can give my undivided attention to others with love and strength.
Now that we have determined what type of ego you have, you can learn to be balanced with your ego and higherself and soon work to understand what your soul’s purposes are. To help us truly live to our greatest potential in this lifetime it is important to be balanced between higherself and ego. It makes this journey much easier for us and our purpose much more rewarding and enjoyable.