If I could share 500 words to inspire, this is the important wisdom I'd want to pass along to others...
Take Action! So many of us wait for things to be perfectly aligned before we take action. I’m not talking about following a specific timeline that gives you the necessary steps to reach your goal. I’m referring to those who wait for things to be aligned just right before they make a move. We wait for the perfect time to get married. The perfect time to own a home. The right time to have children. The right time to start a business. The right time to take a family vacation. The right time to make a business decision. The right time to visit old friends. Even the right time to apologize. And the list can become endless. Now we don’t need to be reckless and jump head first into things without a careful plan, but sometimes we just need to take the bull by its horns and move foreword.
Some people miss out on reaching their full potential because they just never go for it. They prepare, they plan, plan, plan and wait for the magic moment to come when the stars are aligned just right. They are overly cautious. As you and I know, life is short and nothing will ever be perfect. If we continue to wait to take action, we may end up going to our graves without leaving “our mark”.
Taking action requires careful evaluation, determination and courage. Here are five tips that helped me take action. I hope they help you.
1. Have faith in your abilities. Each of us was born with the God-given ability to be successful. Hold fast to this thought, especially during moments of indecision.
2. Face your fears. What’s holding you back? Examine your fears closely and work on overcoming them. Is the fear rational, in reaction to real danger? Or, is it based on emotion?
3. Step out of your comfort zone. Stretching ourselves a little takes courage and requires us to take action. Stepping our of our comfort zone will give us new confidence and hence the courage to reach new heights.
4. Accept failure. Failure will come. It’s a part of life. Use your failures as stepping-stones to success. Learn from failures and move on. Don’t wait to take action because of the fear of failure.
5. Be independent. Learn to stand on your own and have confidence in the decisions that you make. Avoid relying on the support or approval of those around who will prevent you from taking action.
In reality, there is no perfect time. Nothing will ever be perfect, so don’t wait for perfection before taking action. It’s good to think, research, plan, but then take action.