6 Straightforward Tips for a Better Life

Topics: , , , , ,

• There will be many people you meet in this life that do not like you; don’t be one of them. Place your concern on the opinion of the person you see most – YOU. You owe it to yourself and the Universe to make peace with whatever is causing you pain. Be kind, forgiving, and patient. Know that you deserve — and are worthy — of your own love and respect. When you believe this with every ounce of your being, everything else will fall into place.

There is a lot of negativity in this world; don’t let it bring you down. You have the power to choose who you spend your time with, the messages you listen to, and the images you view. Become aware of the inexhaustible supply of positivity that exists; it’s energy enriching and always the better choice. Uplift yourself and inspire others in the process.

Life is full of challenges; let them fuel you, not wear you out. Let kindness and gratitude be a way of life – especially when it’s hard. Spend your time focusing on the good, the things for which you can be grateful, the kindness that shows up unexpectedly. These things are abundantly scattered around you. Make it your mission to find them.

Change is scary; be brave. There can be comfort in familiarity, even when it’s painful. Venture beyond what you know, who you know, and where you are in your life. Take a leap. Lean into the discomfort of change and be open to new perspectives and opportunities.

Detours are inevitable; make them fun! Just when you think you have it all figured out, life is going to show up and send you in a different direction. It may not be the route you wanted to take or the avenue you wanted to travel, but keep your eyes – and your heart – open to the magical adventures that show up in your path. Detours can be the catalyst for the most amazing transformations. Celebrate the chance to go somewhere you’ve never been.

Teachers are all around us; be ready to learn. The most important lessons you will learn in your life will not take place in a classroom. Your teachers will not all be professors, and experts, and gurus. Some will show up in unlikely disguises. Some you will know, others you will meet. Some will show up on the pages of a book or magazine, others may be on a television set or movie screen. Some will be old and wise, others will be young and curious. Some will be an inspiring example, others will be an example of what NOT to do.

But all will have something to teach that will enrich your life if you are an attentive student. Watch, listen, and learn. And remember that knowledge is never enough. It’s what you do with what you learn. Be ready to apply the lesson. Be willing to take action.

Lanette Pottle

Lanette Pottle is the founder of Positivity Nation and author of the forthcoming book, Forever Unstuck: Bust Barriers, Overcome Obstacles, and Live an Awesome Life. She is a facilitator of breakthroughs, an enthusiastic difference maker, and trainer extraordinaire. An eager student, as well as teacher, Lanette has earned her Doctorate in Life Lessons. The rich, rewarding, and often painful experiences of getting unstuck from her past -- daughter of an alcoholic, teen mother, welfare recipient, evictee – have propelled her forward. In fulfilling her personal mission of empowering women to life the rich, fulfilling lives they deserve, Lanette shares authentically and from the heart, spreading the wisdom she has gained along her journey. Lanette is also a practitioner of kindness, gratitude, and positivity. She is a deep believer in the pay-it-forward philosophy. One way she is living this philosophy is through her DIG DEEP Goal Setting Boot Camp program. For each woman who invests in her own personal development via this training, a tuition waiver is gifted to a disadvantaged woman in her honor. You can learn more about Lanette -- her journey and her work -- at www.positivitylady.com

For more information, please visit positivitylady.com.

View all posts by Lanette Pottle.

Recent Releases
    • Forever Unstuck: Bust Barriers, Overcome Obstacles, and Live an Awesome Life (Forthcoming)
    46 replies
    1. Emily
      Emily says:

love that you acknowledge teachers all around us. Formal education offers so little when compared to life’s experiences. Keep up the great writing! Love it!

2. Jessie Whitesell
      Jessie Whitesell says:

ALWAYS inspiring me Lanette! Thank you! Now it’s up to me to DO SOMETHING with this knowledge you have armed me with…… I will go make a difference today!!!!!

3. Wendy
      Wendy says:

Very well said Lanette! Congratulations on your successes! I enjoy reading your weekly newsletter, articles, video and conference call! ~Wendy

4. Melanie Bridgham Moore
      Melanie Bridgham Moore says:

A year ago I attended a Goals Workshop by Lanette. While my goals fluctuated a bit, she definitely help me get more accomplished this year than I had ever imagined!

5. Bonnie Stewart
      Bonnie Stewart says:

I so needed this today Lanette! Despair, hopelessness and overwhelming hurt keeps coming at me in huge waves…it’s so hard to stay afloat and not be overcome. Your message is my hope to cling to today. Change is so scary, being alone sucks, but God has always given me the people, my angels, that will help me overcome, be my inspiration and help guide me through the hell and dream of better days, a better way. Thank you for being one of those people! <3. Trying to stay positive…

• Lanette Pottle
        Lanette Pottle says:

The thought of change is MUCH scary than change itself. I hope you’ll spend a few minutes today, pull out your notes, and focus on your “I AM” statements. You are stronger than you think, Bonnie. Everything is going to be okay. Sending you a big hug and tons of positive vibes xoxo

6. Robin K.
      Robin K. says:

Brilliant words of wisdom, Lanette! Thank you for sharing your positivity with us and for your inspiration. The world can never get enough of these kinds of thoughts. I so admire you and this path you have chosen. It is definitely a good one! Looking forward to hearing more from you! xo

7. phil
      phil says:

Awesome!!! Lanette has such a passion (purpose if you will) for helping and empowering others. She is such a blessing to me and many others. Great job Lanette. Thank You for all that you do.

8. John Quincy Adding Machine
      John Quincy Adding Machine says:

“Be Happy” “Love Yourself”

Why not just “BE RICH” “BE FAMOUS”

If only these things were as easy to do as just saying them, what about the person that someone how reads this living impoverished in some war torn country, this advice is only applicable to middle class people with some self confidence and no immediate strife.

This is just more in the never-ending saga of “Just think good things and then they happen” mindset, real life is about struggle, anguish, separation, suffering…. just because someone is unhappy doesn’t mean their life is in ruin, to truly experience happiness you have to experience the very lowest of lows, and not be discouraged by failure. You are going to fail, and you are going to fail often, and if you are unhappy that’s okay.

Don’t count on the universe, count on yourself, struggle and scrape your way to the top, people suck, you don’t have to. I wish I was so easily inspired, but vapid advice never seems to benefit me.

• Lanette Pottle
        Lanette Pottle says:

You are right, John. It’s not easy. We all fail. I have known struggle, anguish, separation, and suffering. And no, it did not ruin my life. It made things difficult but ultimately all of those experiences have made me stronger.

It wasn’t as simple as thinking “good thoughts”, it’s was making a decision that these experiences weren’t going to define who I am. I choose to find lessons in every experience, be thankful for every bright spot in a dark tunnel, and live my life in a way that demonstrates my love and appreciation for others.

One size does not fit all. But I know this approach to life to work for me — not in theory but in practice. I am 100% responsible for how I choose to respond to every situation. As are you.

I wish you nothing but the best on your journey.

9. Paquita
      Paquita says:

Thank you so much for your words,they are inspiring.
      But overcoming fear can hold you back when your head is not in the right place,but this is going to help me i do hope

10. mutungiinnocent@yahoo.com
      mutungiinnocent@yahoo.com says:

great inspiration

its true there can be comfort in familiarity even when its painful and important for us to venture beyond what we know.

this is great thank you.

11. Su Lew
      Su Lew says:

It’s so important what we “choose” to believe. Thanks Lanette for all the positive energy you’re bringing to my life!

12. DINESH
      DINESH says:

Lannette

Read your article
      Very effective
      Trying to implement
      But its very hard every time,
      I need much more material to help me

Please give more tips

Want to join the discussion?
    Feel free to contribute!