If I could share 500 words to inspire, this is the important wisdom I'd want to pass along to others...
We often make attempts to compartmentalize different elements in our lives, but it is best when we allow all of these elements to flow together into a rich tapestry. Hopefully, this piece will allow you to see how the integration of mindset, nutrition, movement, and purpose can lead you to your happiest and most fulfilled life:
1. Don’t ever make an attempt to “lose weight”. Instead, respect your body, and know that it deserves the best. Stay away from fad diets that demonize specific food groups, and instead go for organic plant foods that are high in nutrients. Your body needs a brilliant rainbow of fruits and vegetables to energize it and allow you to avoid unnecessary trips to the doctors. Make eating an opportunity to nourish yourself, be around people you love, and make a positive impact on animals and the environment.
2. If you keep positive, supportive, people around you, it is easy to be happy. Respect them and always show your gratitude to them. Distance yourself from the people who are constantly negative and trying to pull you into their drama.
3. It is not a sign of weakness to ask for help. We all take on too much at times. Sometimes you might need the help of a Hypnotist, Havening Practitioner, Social Worker or Life Coach. Other times you might need the help of a chiropractor, acupuncturist or physical therapist. In my experience, mental pain actually creates physical pain, so the sooner you address your skeletons, the better.
4. Don’t use valuable hours of your life working for “things”. Work to help people, work to help causes, or work because you love it, but don’t work to save up for that new motorcycle or pair of shoes. The happiness of getting a “new toy” will wear off, but you will have given up a lot of your life to pay for it.
5. Movement is an integral part of being happy. Humans are designed to move. This doesn’t mean that you have to kill yourself at the gym. Find a beautiful activity that involves moving. Make sure that it inspires you and you can look forward to it every day! For example, maybe you always wanted to learn martial arts or how to ice skate. If that becomes tedious, move onto something new and exciting. It’s okay to go slowly at first. Do what feels right for you and you won’t believe where you are 6 months from now.
6. Stop trying to find a “perfect” partner or trying to make your partner “perfect”. This generally just leads to misery and distress for both parties. Love your partner for the qualities that make him or her special. Remind your partner every day how much he or she brings to your life.
7. Always surround yourself with love and light. Always exude love and light. Even on days when you don’t feel like you can.