If I could share 500 words to inspire, this is the important wisdom I'd want to pass along to others...
Is it true that man is the product of his environment? The answer is NO, because growing up in Haiti in times of political instability, insecurity and extreme poverty, the fate of my life couldn’t be anything but an enormous failure. I would not let circumstances define who I am but instead who I am would change my circumstances — and who I am is a conqueror.
Indeed, it took me some time to fully understand who I am; nevertheless, when I finally figured it out, nothing could stop me from living up to that standard. During my journey to discover the purpose of my existence, I have found these 7 wisdoms that inspire me to hold on to my dream no matter where life takes me.
- Know your Creator: Until you come to know or acknowledge your Creator, you cannot discover the purpose of your life and you won’t find the strength to excel beyond your circumstances. By knowing your Creator and following His guidance, you will achieve fulfillment in the pursuit of your dreams.
- Stay focused: Many people live a mediocre life because they let circumstances around them make them jump out of the wagon of their dreams. Life’s obstacles should fuel your desire to achieve your dreams, not surrender them. When you are focusing on your dream, even your failures serve as momentums to success.
- Be patient: Nowadays, people tend to microwave everything, even their way to success. Following and accomplishing your dream requires time, effort and dedication. Therefore you have to be patient, knowing that God’s timing is different from yours.
- Be true to yourself: When you are true to yourself, you know who you are, your belief and values. You don’t let other people’s opinions influence your life and your decisions. You know your flaws, accept yourself for who you are, and always take responsibility for your actions. By being true to yourself, you spend less time worrying about other people’s view of you or pretending to be someone else, and more time focusing on your dreams.
- Be humbled: Sometimes we let pride get into our heads and take credit for the things we’ve accomplished. Nonetheless, one thing we need to be reminded of is that we rarely achieve anything all on our own; someway, somehow we’ve been helped and more importantly we need to recognize that our talents are gifts from God. Being humbled is to grant access to others to enjoy your success and celebrate with you.
- Be thankful: Learning to appreciate everything that life has to offer will go a long way towards a happy and fulfilled life. Don’t be thankful only when things are good and going your way, but be thankful also when they are not good. Everything happens for a reason, so instead of wasting time and energy in being angry and complaining, just close your eyes, take a deep breath and thank God.
- Take time for yourself: In the pursuit of your dream, don’t let pressure and frustration wear you out. Sometimes you need to step back to take time to reconnect, re-evaluate and relax in order to enjoy your success when it comes.