If I could share 500 words to inspire, this is the important wisdom I'd want to pass along to others...
1) Don’t be afraid to fail. In each of our failures there is a something to gain or learn from. Sometimes the simple lesson is in learning what not to do. What we often perceive as a “failure” is actually just a lesson that life is teaching us. Try a different approach.
2) Don’t be afraid to speak up and use your voice. Too often we hold back from saying what we really want to say or mean to say. Sometimes the biggest regrets we have are the things we never said to someone while they were still around to hear it.
3) It’s okay to feel your feelings. We’ve come to a stage in existence where we’re told that any display of genuine emotion makes us “weak” or “crazy”. The brute mentality of “feelings are lame” seems to have taken over. We must change this. Our feelings are what make us human. We are not robots and we shouldn’t be expected to act as such. If something makes you feel something inside – it’s okay to feel it. It’s okay to express it. Don’t let other people, the media or social media bully you into believing that your feelings are bad, dumb, crazy or wrong. Your feelings are valid and you are entitled to them. However, you are not entitled to act out in harmful ways towards yourself or others due to your feelings. If one is allowed to actually express and feel their feelings, the need for acting out will diminish.
4) Create art, play games, be silly and don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn how to laugh at yourself and realize that it’s okay to be wrong sometimes. You’re just human like everyone else and no one expects you to be perfect. No one really has it all together or figured out. Just when you think you do, life will prove you wrong. Everyone is just another someone making their way through this world.
5) Integrity means to do what’s right even when no one else is around to praise you or commend you for it. Own your words and and actions and take responsibility for what you do and say. Your words and actions will come to define your character.
6) When you love yourself and learn to be happy with who you are and what you have, everything else will fall into place because the Universe is one huge reflective mirror giving back to us what we’re showing of ourselves. It is neither good, nor bad. It just is and it responds in kind as a reflection. This is one of my personal secrets to happiness. I learned how to love and accept myself, flaws and all.
7) Express yourself. Be yourself. Live your life on your own terms. We are all reflections of each other and we are all sparks of the Universe experiencing itself subjectively. We are one. But there is only one version of you. You matter. So, don’t be afraid to take chances, say what you mean, feel your feelings, and live your life on your terms so long as you cause no harm to yourself or others.