If I could share 500 words to inspire, this is the important wisdom I'd want to pass along to others...
1. Say what you mean and mean what you say. I’ve always been able to sleep well at night because of this. Getting enough rest is essential enough to your health after all. Honesty is the best policy and if you are consistently true to your word, you are, most importantly, being honest to yourself.
2. Question Everything. Unfortunately, many do not. They do what they are told without asking or knowing why.
This should not be the case when it comes to your health. Medical mistakes and assumptions are made all the time. Take control of your health by asking questions and trying to find answers. Keep in mind that every drug that was ever recalled in the U.S. was proven to be safe and effective by the National Food and Drug Administration.
3. Prevention is best. Prevent lung cancer by not smoking. Prevent heart disease by eating healthy. Prevent breast cancer by exercising. Do not wait or assume that a magical pill will be there to solve all of your problems. It won’t and, in many cases, these temporary solutions we are bombarded with will only make matters worse.
4. Find the root of the problem rather than simply treating its symptoms. Treating symptoms only masks the problem. Take that mask off and…
5. …keep your immune system healthy. Why do some get sick when exposed to virus or bacteria while others do not? A healthy immune system is the answer. A proper diet, enough rest, fresh air, and enough physical exercise will help you accomplish this.
6. Minimize chemical, emotional, and physical stress. Keep your time and your body balanced.
7. Results take time. Don’t rush things. Take it easy. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.”- Lao Tzu
8. Think positively and believe in yourself. If you think you can, you will. If you think you can’t, you won’t. Belief has the power to transform lives and to heal. Trust your innate intelligence.
9. “Instead of thinking about where you are, think about where you want to be. It takes 20 years of hard work to become an overnight success.” – Diane Rankin. This statement can be applied to both life and health. Do you want to be healthy and physically fit in twenty years? Well, I suggest you get started…now.
10. Lead by example. The best way to inspire those you care about to lead healthy lives is by leading one yourself. Begin today.