What I have learned in my life and career as a Registered Nurse Entrepreneur is that life is fragile and can change in an instant…..
1. Enjoy life, this is not a dress rehearsal.
2. Create your own positive events to nourish your mind. Even the strong require sustenance to survive, especially when they aid the weak.
3. Do not expect miracles, rely on them. We have all seen turnarounds from positive life steps and direction.
4. Things are not always what they appear to be on the surface. Investigate. Evaluate your perceptions.
5. Fight back against injustice to yourself and others. Be gracious and win.
6. At times, we have to adapt the rules. Black and white may turn to gray.
7. What may appear to be the most devastating event of your career may turn out to be the best opportunity for new ventures. Time will tell.
8. Both action and reaction can cause positive change. Patience is a necessary trait.
9. Perseverance is the most important characteristic of success. Those things that are important require long term sometimes difficult work and create great achievements.
10. Involve yourself in the lives of others; however bittersweet, kindly include the people on the fringe. Never miss a conversation, it may lead to a new friend, job or experience. Curiosity is the precedent to invention.
11. Practice thankfulness for any avoided accident. Even the minor occurrences may have delayed or prevented a bigger incident from happening. They may be a blessing in disguise.
12. Celebrate life’s accomplishments with parties, laughter, surprises and go overboard with gifts and fun events. Memories live on.
13. Determine your own legacy and point toward that goal with positive words, thoughts and activities leading toward your purpose.
14. Intrigue others, smile instead of complaining, Make new friends and keep the old.
15. See obstacles as challenges to overcome. Tread steadily to the peak even if you lose footing, keep on going. Do not retreat.
16. Redirect your interests instead of retiring.
17. Anticipate needs, initiate and participate in life activities. Business success appears to come from fulfilling the needs of others rather than chasing riches.
18. Dance like no one is watching and sing like no one is listening.
19. Lead, follow, or get out of the way!