Often people get sick because they stress, push and abuse themselves. Most people are not taught how to love themselves. In fact, they are taught that to listen, care for and honor themselves is selfish.
Many people spend their time trying to please others and eventually hurt themselves, which causes resentment, stress and sickness.
Often, until you really get angry, discover the cause of your sickness and let it go, you cannot heal. That is exactly what happened in my case, I got angry because nobody could help me and then I discovered that I had the power to tune into my own body and heal myself from debilitating back pain, psoriasis, digestive problems and anxiety.
How liberating it is to realize that your anger can be a catalyst for change, a teacher that inspires you to act rather than an emotion which is an inconvenience. I believe that pain is a messenger to show you what is not working in your body. It is a way to get your attention. When you really understand and discover what your pain is about, you can heal.
From my experience, the first step towards a healing journey is a clear decision that you are ready to heal. This means that you are willing to examine what has not worked in your life and begin to transform.
Healing requires honesty and acknowledgement. If your job, relationships, decisions, etc., do not work, it means that you need to be true to yourself and take significant steps towards making changes.
When I am teaching about the secret language of the body, I guide people to tune in to their bodies and directly find out the answers to their physical and emotional challenges.
I believe that your body is incredibly wise and that you can use your innate healing intelligence to heal yourself. Here are some steps that can help you to connect to your body.
- Take some slow deep breaths and become conscious of what you are feeling in your body. Then place your hands on an area where you experience the most pain, tension or physical discomfort.
- Ask your body: If there was a thought or a belief stored here, what would it be? Become aware how you bought into those beliefs and if they are serving you or if you are ready to let them go.
- Ask: Are there any emotions which are stored in this part of my body? Are these feelings serving me or can I let them go? Give yourself permission to let those feelings go.
- Ask: Are there any memories that are stored in this part of my body? Become aware of any experiences that come to mind. Are you holding on to painful experiences that you need to let go of and forgive? Give yourself permission to forgive and move forward.
- Visualize a green ray of light cleansing and regenerating your body.
- Thank your body and be kind and gentle with yourself.