I would offer my 9 steps to a happy life….
1. Build something that you believe in – a relationship, a family, a company or a project. Focus on what you can do today to get where you want to be.
2. Learn the art of letting go. You will have to let go of friends, family, beloved pets, money and objects during your lifetime and sooner you accept change the easier life becomes.
3. Smiles and compliments are free and they make all the difference in the world as our connections with people are relational and have a ripple effect.
4. You can change the way you respond to things, but you can’t change the things that happen to you. Keep your responses simple, clear and to the point so people understand what you are saying.
5. Love expands the human experience and everyone has to experience the full pain of love to really appreciate the full joy.
6. Put your troubles up to God. Pray when you are worried. Do your best to solve them. Then go to sleep, as things always look better in the morning.
7. We don’t always have to know why. Spending too much time on the why takes away from figuring out what to do next.
8. Funny is everywhere. It’s just waiting to be noticed and when you do life becomes very entertaining.
9. Life is disorderly, unexpected and messy. It’s never neat and tidy, which is why this list contains 9 life lessons and not the predictable 10.