What I think is a mountain today, is a molehill tomorrow.
– Gail Lynne Goodwin
In 1991 – 1992 I attended Jean Houston’s Mystery School. I clearly remember an exercise we did one morning. Through a guided visualization process she asked us to focus our attention on a problem, challenge, difficulty we were currently experiencing in our lives. As the process continued she instructed us to view the problem as though it has occurred 1 year ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 100 years ago.
Not only did my mountain turn into a molehill – from the vantage point of 100 years into the future it was barely the size of a speck of sand!
I have used this exercise repeatedly over the years. Simply transforming mountains into molehills accesses my creative juices to connect with my intention and opens my heart and mind to my next step!
What mountain are willing to turn into a molehill today?
Practice: Transforming Mountains to Molehills
- Close your eyes and focus your attention on a current problem (mountain).
- Take a deep breath, clear your focus.
- Now leap into the future and see this same problem from the vantage point of 1 year into the future, 5 years, 10 years, 100 years into the future.
- Take a deep breath and open your eyes.
- What was your experience when you viewed your problem from the future?
Today’s Affirmation: I approach today’s mountains as tomorrow’s molehills.