By Lisa Cypers Kamen.
Happiness starts with you. It is all about your attitude toward life and the situations you face in daily living. You have to look at what you have accomplished in a day, a week, a month, etc. – not what you haven’t accomplished. If you are having trouble finding happiness in your day and it seems like your attitude is shifting to negative things, here are a few tips for you:
- Try to change the way you look at things by looking at the bright side.
- Focus on solutions, not the problems.
- Listen to music that will lift you up, not bring you down.
- Watch a comedy movie when you are feeling down; it will make you laugh.
- Take a few minutes out of your day to read something inspiring.
When you start to think about negative things, try to change those thoughts to something positive. Always look at what you have accomplished, not at what you haven’t.
Every day, do something good for yourself. It can be something as simple as buying a book, eating something you enjoy, or watching your favorite TV show.
Every day, do at least one thing that makes others happy. You could help out one of your colleagues at work or offer a word of kindness to someone.