The phenomenon known as LOST is now part of history. There are no new episodes, no new adventures, no new twists, no new riddles to solve. The writers have answered most of our questions and have left some of them for us to figure out on our own. They have also left an indelible impression and have raised the bar for a new level of television.
LOST has also left us with things to ponder and lessons to learn. After the finale I sat and wrote things that I learned from LOST. Some are direct quotes and others are observations. I welcome your input and I invite you to add to the list in the comment section below. Let’s get LOST together….
-Not everything is what it appears to be
– There is no “now, or “here”.
– Everything is a matter of perspective.
– No one can tell us why we’re here, but ourselves.
– Exploring the “What if” can create amazing results.
– Question reality or whatever it is that we think is real.
– Everyone has a gift to offer the world.
– We all know everything about our selves that we need to know right now… we just need to open our eyes and see it.
– Everything is connected- especially us.
– Helping each other is the best way to help yourself.
– I don’t believe in a lot of things but I do believe in duct tape.
– If we don’t find a way to live together, we’ll all die alone.
– Faith doesn’t come easy but it’s worth the struggle.
– Finding our way, is always easier when we’re surrounded by friends.
– The world would be a better place if we all did what we do best.
– Take care of one another.
– Sometimes, no matter how much you want to be rescued, you’re much better off where you are.
– Nobody does it alone. We need others and they need us…. to remember and to let go.
– You haven’t ruined anything. Nothing is irreversible…. (This would be so sweet if we weren’t all about to die.).
– The words “I believe in you, Dude” can have an amazing effect on the outcome of a situation.
– If polar bears can live in the jungle then anything is possible.
-You can’t let other people tell you what you are… you have to decide that for yourself.
– It’s only when we let go of the past that we’re able to move forward into the future.
– If there is no “here” or “now”, then can parallel realities really be parallel?
– Nothing is what you think it is.
– I’m real, you’re real, all of these people are real…. yet none of it is real.
– What happened, happened.
– I hope that somebody does for you what you just did for me.
– Love transcends all boundaries of space, distance and time.
– It’s all about remembering who you are.
– The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
– When all is said and done, love is all there is.
I think my fellow LOST fans will agree that we lost many hours in the last 6 years… but the ones watching LOST don’t count.
LOST, you were an incredible, mind-bending, thought provoking, heart-opening way to help us think outside of our boundaries. You helped us see the world in a different way. Thank you for enriching our lives with your wit, your intelligence and for offering us the challenge to define what’s possible for ourselves. I for one, will be #LOST without you. See you in another life, Brother. 🙂