By Lisa Cypers Kamen.
If you find yourself focusing on the unhappy moments and things in your life, the following suggestions may start you back on the path to a happier, more satisfying life.
- Clear out unhappiness. What obstacles to happiness are there in your life? Pay attention to what makes you feel unhappy.
- Are you especially fearful, sad or anxious? Find someone you can talk to about your feelings, a close friend or family member that you can confide in and whom you trust.
- Avoid things that make you unhappy.
- See less of unhappy, difficult people whenever possible.
- Talk less and dwell less on your problems.
- Do not gossip or or create undue negativity in your life.
- If a problem is dragging you down, solve it or deal with it: put it behind you as soon as possible.
- Change your thinking by shifting negative thoughts to positive ones.
- If your habits are bad for you, make up your mind to change them and find help to change them.
- If you have an addictive activity, recognize it, admit to it and find a plan to recover. Remember, you have the power to recreate your life and reclaim happiness.
Just remember that the above are only a few strategies to help get you started. What works for you may not work for another person. As always, it all starts with you! You have to choose the path of happiness for your own life. No one else can choose it or change your attitude for you either.
Happiness is an inside job®.