Here’s what I believe to be the success of living happily…
1) Have a dream. It may be lofty or small – but it should be yours. And it must do two things. It should make you happy. And it should be of value to others.
2) Live your dream with passion. Passion is the energy that fires the spark of your desire, fans it into a glorious flame, and shows off your radiant brilliance.
3) Pursue your dream with determination. Believe with all your heart that it will come true, no matter how remote or difficult or impossible it may seem at the moment.
4) Dare to be different. Throw off the shackles of what is ‘regular’ or ‘conventional’ or ‘accepted’ – and follow your heart. Yes, it is often scary, unnerving and terrifying to give up the familiar and the secure to follow your dreams. It takes a lot of courage. Find it.
5) Feel gratitude. Wake up every morning feeling thankful for all the things you have – even the ones that, until now, you’ve taken for granted. Think about those who do not have those things.
6) Also, be a little crazy. Have a little fun. Let that little child within you come out and enjoy itself every now and then.
7) Have a personal philosophy that directs all that you do. Mine is a simple four-word mantra… “Be Kind. Help Others.”
8) And in the end, have no regrets. We are all human, and therefore imperfect. We will always make mistakes. And that’s ok. Yes, things could have been better. But they also could have been worse.
The only question you must ask yourself is this: “Did I do my best?”
I hope your answer will be “Yes, I did.”
That’s all that matters.