When I grow up I have decided to be a “big kid” instead of an adult.
What made me decide to do this?
I watch my mom and dad and all of their friends have fun, but I still think they are missing out on the good stuff kids get to do….
I think there should be an option to grow up but still do kid things. This would make the world a better place because everyone would be having fun.
In the world full of “big kids” everyone would get to do stuff like:
- Play outside everyday. Don’t just go outside, but kick a ball around or hula-hoop in the yard.
- Of course when you are outside, you should invite friends over to play too! How about a skipping contest or see who can hop on one foot longer? That is sure to make you smile.
- Definitely wear comfortable clothes. Sometimes I see adults wearing fancy clothes and high-heel shoes and they don’t look happy. Soft, colorful clothes and sneakers are great for everyone!
- Put a brush through your hair and then “go, go, go” don’t worry about it being perfect or looking “just right.”
- Play in the dirt. Go to the park and play in the sandbox or plant in garden and dig, dig, dig into the dirt. Get good and dirty and don’t worry about messing up your clothes – we are all washable!
- Do you have a pet? Play with your pet. If you have a cat or dog, take time to play with them or just pet them. Cats and dogs love people and will hug you if you hug them. Be kind to the furry people too!
- Color a picture. Take out your crayons and coloring book and make something pretty. Use lots of colors and be sure to put your name on the picture so you know who colored it. And it is okay to color outside of the lines, because that is where life happens!
- Laugh a lot. Find things that are funny and laugh. It’s okay to laugh. It makes everyone around you laugh too!
- Eat ice cream and cake for breakfast and don’t worry about being healthy. Ice cream and cake have milk and eggs and good stuff all mixed in. So it is okay to eat them for breakfast, just not everyday.
- Don’t worry about money. If you remember that money does grow on trees and will show up when you require it, then it will all be okay. Remind yourself everyday that you will always have more than you require if you think it, it will happen.
I am only 7 years old, but I like these ideas. Growing up should be fun and not be hard work, so I challenge everyone who reads this to pick something fun and do it everyday. You will see your world get much better. Like my mommy says, “laugh, have fun, rest, and repeat.”
This Post Has 4 Comments
Thank you Sami for making me smile and remember what i need to do to be happy again. I hope i can find your book to share with my granddaughters. Bless you!
WOW your advice is exactly what I needed. You remind me that no matter how old we are, or any of the other thing about ourselves we are all very important.
I forgot what its like to be a kid,and play outside. I don’t do outside,and acting out to the ones I love,and stressing out. I am an adult,and that’s what adults do. So I think. You just reminded me to be a kid at heart. I needed this one to inspire me to let go of control,and get outside. Thank you Micheal.
I’m inspired! THANK YOU SAMI 🙂