So often, we get carried away in the human-ness of our lives. We forget kindness, love, patience, understanding and forgiveness. We forget our interconnectivity. We forget to trust, to have faith. We forget to stop, be mindful and appreciate. Absorbed in dramas, negativity or stress, for example, we spiral into and get trapped in the ego’s lair.
Sometimes we need a reminder of why we are here, and some simple guidance to bring us back to our Soul, our Self.
- We are here to experience life in the physical world. We chose our physicality, what we would be born into, and perhaps what we came here to learn or overcome. We chose a body that would be advantageous in our adventures here, and one that would perfectly suit us and our individual needs in this lifetime. Our physical bodies, no matter how we perceive them to look or feel, are perfect; they are miraculous and self-healing and are incredible vehicles for us to explore life here on Earth. Our bodies deserve some credit… And appreciation.
- We are here to learn Soul lessons and evolve. Challenges are always an opportunity for growth and shifts in perception. There is no such thing as a “bad” situation. All situations are ultimately for our highest good. And each time we face an obstacle, we get the chance to learn about ourselves, about life and others. We are gifted the possibility of seeing things differently so we can reach for true happiness and peace. There is always a lesson to be learned.
- Most of what we “see” is an illusion. Our thoughts are based on past experiences. We never understand a thing as it actually is. We see the world as we are. Our ego translates what we see into stories, patterns and predicts or judges and defines life. Knowing this, we can more easily remain neutral and ask ourselves if what we feel we see is real or just an illusionary story. In this way, we remain unattached and able to hold true vision.
- Our ego is always working to “protect” us. Be mindful and conscious of this. While it thinks it’s protecting us from pain, the ego is in fact selfish, self serving and fear-based. It is incredibly limited and disguises itself so we don’t notice the tactics it’s employing. The ego is calculating and judgmental. When your Soul speaks, it feels good or natural. There is no resistance or fear. Your ego is full of negative thoughts and feelings and is driven by fear. Your Soul is driven by love. Be aware of changes in your body to decipher your ego from your Self and follow your innate intuition and guidance.
- We are always safe and protected. You’ve got a divine team supporting you, guiding you and looking out for you at all times. Not only are we all connected, and never alone, but help is only a whisper away. As most of what we fear is illusionary, there are no real threats. We are eternal beings. We are here to learn and grow and experience life; this is not our permanent home.
- We create our experience(s). We are creators. We manifest our realities, like it or not. We are magnets for the energy we put out into the world, and the quality of what we allow in our lives. We attract what we vibrationally match. Pay close attention to the words you use, the thoughts you repeat, the treatment you accept from others (and how you treat and view yourself). Reflect on your beliefs and thoughts and release those that do not serve you. Make space for better things that do serve you to enter.
- Everything is a choice. You get to choose. We are not victims. A tough pill to swallow, we are not victims to life. We create life and we get to choose our experiences here. Our external world is a reflection of our past actions and our vibrational frequency. It’s a mirror of the “company” we keep. We can choose to accept what is, and change what we can… Or not. It’s all up to us. The quality of our experiences is simply determined by our mind. We can appreciate all that is (and isn’t)… Or not. Again, our happiness is dictated by our very own willingness to receive it and feel it. Our actions or inactions create our lives. We have the power to shape our experience here. We are our own authors, writing our story. With each breath we take, we have the opportunity to begin a new chapter and change the course. What a blessing.
Life is happening. Nothing stays the same. Energy is always moving and morphing. Evolution is constant. We are here to participate in this beautiful unfolding, to co-create with the divine and explore ourselves. Ultimately, happiness and peace are always available and it is our choice if we accept and invite good feelings into our lives.
There is so much to be grateful for. And with each moment of appreciation, we energetically call forth more feel-good stuff to be grateful for. With a simple reminder that all is perfect, that each moment is a chance to begin anew or modify our path, we are able to bring ourselves back to Soul space. Life is beautiful; play more, loosen up, explore, and take each opportunity you get to evolve.