Most people think that they cannot become leaders. In fact, everybody is a leader. The mother who leads at home; the father who takes responsibility; and the janitor who delivers his goods with excellence is a leader.
We are all blessed with huge potential. We can understand this fact and unlock our potential by taking leadership in our lives. Don’t waste your precious time by thinking about your unpleasant past which cannot be changed, and worrying about the future, which cannot be predicted. Start taking the steps to becoming a mindful leader now.
1. Leaders are the ones who lead from the front by taking responsibility. They spread fame during successes and take blame during failures. Hence, take responsibility to lead from the front.
2. Develop a positive, right, and strong attitude to excel in your life. Contribute your best. Emphasize excellence regardless of the area of activity you are into. Emphasize means, not ends. Keep people before profit. Make the people around you special, and help them dream and achieve big.
3. Time is a precious resource. Whether you are rich or poor, you are blessed with a small amount of time. Make use of it wisely. You have only one life. Hence, use your time judiciously to provide meaning to your life.
4. Knowledge is more important than money. So share your knowledge to make a difference to the world.
5. Work for satisfaction, not for recognition. Remember, satisfaction is the end-product while recognition is the by-product.
6. Great leaders are great learners, and help build the next generation of leaders. Therefore, you must grow as a leader first to groom others as leaders. Be a continuous learner and take feedback constantly to grow in your life. As long as you love and learn, you are young. The day you stop loving people and learning things, you become old.
7. What we have now is the present. Hence, we must make use of the present to unlock our hidden potential to achieve success in life, and help others grow in their lives.
Life is a circus with peaks and valleys. It all depends on how we take it. Life is truly great as it is full of twists and turns. Things won’t happen the way we want. Things happen the way they are supposed to happen. Enjoy the journey of your life without losing your focus on your destination. Life is great!