If it were impossible to fail, what would you do differently or how would you live your life? For this 27 year-old author and entrepreneur – Yahaya Baruwa – the answer is very clear. After having developed the courage to take a leap of faith and write his now bestselling novel, Struggles of a Dreamer: the Battle between a Dream and Tradition – at a very young age, this author acts as if it is impossible to fail. This seems to be the driving force behind everything he has been able to accomplish to date.
One example of this, is his current attempt to print the world’s largest novel published to break a long-standing Guinness World Record. Originally set by the novel The Little Prince, Yahaya will be using his award winning novel Struggles of a Dreamer as his prototype. He explained that the massive novel will be 8 feet 5 inches high, 5 feet 5 inches wide (closed) and it will contain approximately 200 pages and have a full-color hard cover. Mostly constructed by hand, this massive novel will be fortified with aluminum, synthetic (tear resistant) paper and sewn together with nylon stitching.
There is a bigger vision behind the project. Having had the courage to finish writing his first novel at the age of 21, (despite his fears of failure, criticism) and selling more than 13,000 hard copies of the novel – Yahaya wants to inspire the average person with the courage to take the first step towards making his or her own dreams become a reality by showing that dreams do come true.
His novel, Struggles of a Dreamer is about the battle between a dream and tradition. In a world where so many struggle with holding on to their dreams, this fresh book is a welcomed oasis of encouragement and motivation. It is a fast-paced inspirational novel. It tells the story of a young man, who is forced by tradition to become a farmer like all others from past generations. But after falling victim to the urgings of his recurring dream, he decides to risk everything (including his own life), by turning his back on tradition.Thus, he embarks on a path that challenges his wits as he struggles to remain afloat in a world that required everyone to fit into the same mold.
Here are few lessons to consider from Yahaya’s story:
1. You have to know exactly what it is you want to achieve.
2. It is impossible to do anything without failure, but it is helpful to act as if it were impossible to fail. This will help you develop the will, persistence and creativity needed to overcome obstacles you face in the process of realizing your dreams.
3. Feel the fear and do it anyway.
4. Often when people criticize you and/or your goal(s), it is important to clarify what they are actually trying to tell you.
5. Depending on the goal, you are never too young or too old to get started.
6. Sometimes keeping your goals a secret can give you the focus needed to realize them.
7. It is okay to ask for help when you need it!
Yahaya has created a Kickstarter project to help raise the funds needed to print the massive novel. If you’re inspired, you can get involved in Yahaya’s World’s Largest Novel project here.
This Post Has 0 Comments