If I could share 500 words to inspire, this is the important wisdom I'd want to pass along to others...
1. All that really exists is the word YES. The universe is set up on a YES system, so whatever you choose to surround yourself with, you will continue to get more of. The universe just tracks all of your personal expressions and choices in life. There are no throw-away moments.
Choose your words, actions and thoughts consciously. Choose your friends, partners and media influences wisely, because everything coming from us, and everything coming at us, profoundly affects our ability to be as intelligent and balanced as we want to be.
2. Change doesn’t happen with the snap of your fingers. As cute and special as messages of movies like The Secret can be (and although the message is still completely true), things take time to change… sometimes a lot of time. And the true test of a person’s character lies in their endurance and attitude during the entire process.
So, get the heck over yourself and don’t expect the world to fall at your feet immediately. Winners are the ones who look like they are winning even when they may have just lost something very big.
3. We are basically little computers. Once we are hardwired, it is very challenging to re-code the system (but it is possible with tremendous commitment). A key to bypassing the looping self-pity program that I’ve discovered is using the phrase “binary” with yourself. Emotions are very important, but in order to not get lost at sea, it’s critical to have the self-discipline to go binary and just manually override the system and flip a switch.
Sometimes you simply must force yourself to see beauty, joy and opportunity where previously you did not, then suddenly, it will be true.
4. We are all living in a fantasy land. We are all just making things up as we go, and we can decide to change our vision of the world and our behavior in it at any moment in time.
So, as strange as it may sound and as strange as it may feel at first, just let yourself act as if you were living in what you thought your fantasy land would look like. Because the reality is, it’s not actually a fantasy at all! What we see, what we decide, how we feel and how we present ourselves is the only reality we have – and it’s totally our choice.
5. Lighten up, because pain and drama suck. And in the end, they’re not even worth anything anyway. I don’t think that it’s a cosmic truth that pain is the greatest teacher, but even if it is, it still sucks.
So, if there is an easier way to get the information that you need to become a better person without getting torn up in the process, keep your eyes open for it. Let go of ignorance, intensity and heaviness as quickly as possible. Being light and joyful is the whole thing that we’re all going for anyway, so just lighten up!
Even if you have to live in fantasy land, go binary, and get the heck over yourself. The universe will have much more to work with in its desire to say YES to the light, beautiful life that you are seeking!