Many years ago, I’d been living what I’d thought was the ‘right life’. I was in a corporate dream job and living with the man I’d thought of as my dream man. Then I realized I was living in someone else’s dream. After many sleepless nights, I ended my relationship, moved out, quit my job, and did a lot of soul searching.
At first I didn’t know what I was experiencing was positive change. I thought I was a victim of drama. Lots and lots of drama! Then what happened was truly magical. The path appeared before me and I realized it was the universe calling me to make the next shift in my own evolution. I met the right person, got key information I needed to make important decisions, was offered a favor at just the right time. At first I took these steps as coincidences, nice coincidences, but nothing more. Then I started to keep a log and realized it was happening over and over again.
Time after time, I’ve kept the faith and continue to be amazed at how things appear in front of me just when I need them. Don’t get me wrong, it’s scary and I work hard at achieving my goals, but somehow I know I’m supported. And the more I believe that, the more these great gifts come to me. And things aren’t going to be just ‘okay’. I’ve realized that things are going to be ‘great’ because the universe gives a whole lot more than what we could have achieved on our own.
When facing life’s challenges, here’s what I recommend:
- Consider whether you’ve acted with integrity, intelligence and compassion in the situation.
- Reflect on the miracles in your life and realize this is an opportunity for growth.
- Take comfort in knowing that if you were going to fall through the cracks, it would have already happened!
- On a cellular level, quiet your mind and look for any lesson the universe is offering.
- When you find the lesson, focus on gratitude as you lean into the gift of this knowledge.
- Reassure yourself that all is as it should be.
- Remind yourself that miracles take place only in divine timing.
- Keep your equanimity by avoiding the drama both of mind, and the world around you.
- Look for your reward from the Universe, be it a person, a thing or merely a new perspective.
When faced with drama and change, whether personally or professionally, don’t fight it. Know that life is ready to shift you into a new opportunity. Keep plugging at the task at hand, but keep your radar out, looking for the lesson and the gift. It’s the secret cue to tell you you’ve completed whatever you needed to complete and you’re getting prepared for the next adventure. Just strap on your boots, have really strong faith, and get out of the way. The Universe has your back.