If I could share 500 words to inspire, this is the important wisdom I'd want to pass along to others...
These words came to me, as many have over the years, in the wee hours of the morning, unbidden, but certainly welcome. I have learned that when I am a receptive channel, all manner of messages pours through. Many years ago, in meditation, I heard echoes of ‘by divine design’. I asked, “What does that mean?” God replied, “You’ll know.” Turns out that it became the name of my multi-faceted business which includes writing, speaking, interfaith ministry, counseling, coaching and editing. It is based on the idea that we are co-creators with Spirit and in that partnership, we can design exquisite masterpieces. A few turns of the calendar pages ago, I heard “You are not just an optimist. You are an opti-mystic who sees the world through the eyes of possibility.” What a revelation that was. Shortly after I let those words loose on the world, someone I had never met, created a meme containing that message which went on a world-wide whirlwind tour and landed on the Facebook page of Julian Lennon on my birthday in 2014.
The nocturnal meanderings from last night was no surprise since, like many, I am lately in emotional overwhelm mode. Bombarded by news reports of death and destruction, social upheaval, abuse and assault, this normally calm and steady person, feels like she is on a roller coaster with no predictable duration and on which the tracks are ever changing. Sometimes it is difficult to maintain compassion and refrain from harsh judgment. I have often executed a ‘spiritual bypass’ by which I have turned it over to the God of my understanding, forgetting that I too have responsibility for inspired action to make a positive impact.
My protective mama bear instincts kick in and I want to confront perpetrators of aggression, hatred and bigotry. I show up, stand up and speak out for those who can’t do it for themselves. Sometimes it seems near impossible to ride the waves without drowning. That’s when the dream message comes in handy. How do you measure love? Is it a mere emotion? My take is that it is a verb.
Love in action steps:
- Share random acts of kindness
- Smile at strangers and strike up a conversation
- Embrace the world…I offer FREE Hugs events on a planned and spontaneous basis
- Open the door for the person behind you
- Pay forward good deeds done for you
- Volunteer for causes you believe in
- Leave the campground better than you found it in all your relationships
- Speak the truth with kindness
- Refrain from name calling and disparagement of anyone with whom you disagree
- Do your own inner healing work
- Clean up your side of the street
- Recognize that we all feed the collective soup pot, so make sure you mix in nourishing ingredients
- Bring your ‘A game’ to your relationships
- Put your heart and soul into all you do
When the time comes to take your leave, what loving legacy will you have left?