If I could share 500 words to inspire, this is the important wisdom I'd want to pass along to others...
1) My father, disabled and unable to work, always told me, “Anger will get you nothing. What you have to do is turn around the person who is doing an injustice. You do this by being forgiving and loving. That will win them, more so than if you physically hit them because then they will hit you back. Then you get nothing back but a fight.”
2) You have to believe in yourself and never stop trying. Although the world had robbed my father of his ability to work, he never lost his ability to make a difference to those who needed it more than himself.
3) You need to have a faith in a higher power, someone or something that is greater than yourself. Once you believe, it is so easy to love and forgive. When you give up anger, hatred, and prejudice, it frees you. A strong faith will comfort you and provide encouragement and hope, a tremendous source of strength.
Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “What lies before us and what lies behind us are very little compared to what lies within us.” There is a natural equilibrium and harmony in all things. What seems like a massive loss today will help us succeed tomorrow.
4) Regardless of the challenge you may be experiencing or the tragedy you are trying to overcome, you do not have to face it alone. You are going to get hit in this game of life, but you do not need to stay down.
5) Never stop learning. Once you stop learning you are through – there is nothing else for you. You must be prepared to invest in yourself and your business. If your future is to be better than your present, your future must have space. Your future must be built. And your future must be paid for.
6) The place to start improving your environment is inside your own head. Invest more time and money and effort into your mind, and finer things will start gravitating towards you. Benjamin Franklin once said, “Empty the coins in your purse into your mind and your mind will fill your purse with gold.”
7) The biggest compliment you can pay anyone is to simply listen intently. Listen to people in a way that says: “You are the only person in the world that matters to me right now. I am fully invested in your message”. Credibility is the quality of being reliable, worthy of confidence. Credibility grows when appointments are kept, promises are acted upon, facts are verified, and services are rendered.
8) If you have had success, mentor someone else. If you do not share what made you successful, it will die with you. The road ahead is so much clearer when you can stand on the shoulders of giants. Find the stories and the passion. Reach for the moon, because if you miss, you will land in the stars.