Are you wasting your energy on the could of‘s, should of‘s, would if‘s, but’s, feeling guilty, etc…?
If so, here are some things to think about:
- Staying in the worry – guilt – would of‘s, could of‘s – keeps you STUCK in the past. Imagine… if you spent all of that energy focusing on who, what, when, and where you wanted to be, do & become now.
- Nobody is perfect, we all have a past – own it – learn from it.
- Learn to LOVE ALL of you.
- The past? Let it go and forgive yourself and others.
- The present? No matter where you are now, YOU have the power to change it. If you are stuck, confused, or angry, get help from family, friends, or anybody else you trust. Don’t wallow in it – dance, sing, write, and yell it out if you have to. Whatever you do, don’t stuff it, for it will eat you alive.
- Life is a journey full of twists and turns – learn to roll with it.
- Be flexible without compromising your values.
- Get out there and built your tribe of like-minded people you want to be around.
- Surround yourself with positive people, environment, music, mentors.
- Get rid of clutter, in your home, car, office – create new space for where and what you want to do and become now.
- Listen to self-development courses, read, use the internet (a fabulous tool for learning anything you want!).
- Move your body!
- Eat as healthy as you can
- Listen to your heart and follow it
- Live your passions
- Don’t know what you are passionate about? Ask your friends; they will know.
- Get feedback and take it as feedback, NOT as criticism.
Remember: Life is a journey, enjoy it… Take time to learn, play and grow each and every day.
“Life is a Play and We are the Actors-Actresses, Writers, Editors, Producers, Directors, Co-Creators of Our Lives. We can Create Anything, Anytime. Let’s Do It.” Carly Alyssa Thorne
Another Midnight Production Written by:
©2013 Carly Alyssa Thorne
This Post Has 11 Comments
This is a great article. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks that was definitely useful!
Thanks Miriam, so glad You find the article useful
I absolutely agree. It is really a matter of relearning to use your time wisely. The energy we misplace and put on worrying can equally be used to make things right and better our life.
Yes Sarah, it most certainly can be spent much better focusing on what we can do and change now.
Love this Carly!! Why we all let the ANTS make us believe we are the only ones with monkey shaped skeletons in our closets I’ll never know!!
So agree Corey and as always I LOVE your analogy and words The Ants and The Monkeys… You are great and as always great to talk and connect with. Have a fabulous day
Truly inspirational and I really needed this message. Thank you Carly!
So glad Anu, it was here for You… Enjoy your weekend.
All great advice Carly. My Mother used to say, “Ninety percent of what we worry about never happens and we can’t do anything about the remaining ten percent”. I try to never apologize (unless I harned someone) for my past. It wasn’t perfect but that’s what formed me. 🙂
Very true Indeed, wise mother… Here’s to an amazing new week.