What matters most to me is trusting my intuitive wisdom and having the courage to follow where it leads. For example, a few years ago, I boarded a train heading from London to Nottingham. It was a two hour journey and I recalled having picked up a magazine in a mind-body-spirit bookstore, which I had stuffed into my bag.
Taking it out, I began reading an article. Halfway through, I heard a voice saying, “You can do this. You can write articles that inspire people.” The voice was so loud I looked around to see who had spoken, though I already knew. This message was an inside job, delivered from the depths of my own intuitive wisdom.
Without questioning what I had heard, I began drafting my first article on the back of a paper napkin. At home, after tweaking, I sent it to the editor of the magazine.
Three days later, the editor e-mailed, saying he wanted to use the article in his next edition. From that moment on I was propelled in a direction I could never have consciously foreseen.
Since then, I have often shared this simple, yet powerful checklist, which can be utilized to develop intuitive awareness. The list goes like this:
- Listen. When you hear a strong inner message trust what you are hearing. Write it down and hang on to it like a lifeline.
- Act. Take at least one step toward what you are being directed to do. If the first step is not immediately clear, inquire, “What can I do right now to bring this dream into manifestation?”
- Share. Tell those you trust and who are able to safely incubate this intention with you. Don’t hesitate to express your wildest, most extravagant dreams.
When we Listen, Act, and Share, we are saying, “YES!” to the flow of the universe, which is dynamic, alive, and charged with immense power. We are proactively stating,
- I acknowledge and trust my intuitive wisdom.
- I love and honor who I am.
- I respect and stand behind what I have to offer the world.
At different stages in our lives, we flip-flop between the two opposites – trust and doubt – until we begin to see that we have choices in the expression and manifestation of our dreams. We also realize that even if we miss an inner directive, we will be gifted with plenty of others.
Once we arrive at this understanding, we wake up to the truth that we are always guided from within. And once we follow our inner guidance, we will be shown that the universe is by nature abundant and more than willing to take care of us, if we let it.
This is the time-tested brilliance I most treasure and I am thrilled to share here with you. Trust your intuitive wisdom and I promise, if you do, you will be amazed and delighted at what you discover.