Ancient Taoists discovered how to make bliss happen. And modern science validated the landing sites for chemicals that create bliss. Stress blocks bliss.
Like many, I’ve had significant stress. Growing up in an alcoholic family, I was sad most of my life … Then I had my dream life as a dancer and choreographer!
But at 24 years old, it was ripped away from me when I crashed through a windshield smashing my spine. When I woke up, I was paralyzed from the waist down.
With long years of effort, I’ve overcome those obstacles to enjoy glimmers of bliss. You can too by following this simple path. It empowers anyone to achieve blissful moments of union with the divine.
1. Eliminate Irritants: Irritants come in many forms: chemical, emotional, physical, sexual, environmental, mental, and spiritual. Irritants damage your health and well being. To achieve bliss, you must identify what’s irritating you and eliminate it. But sometimes you can’t. Sometimes you must accept what is and come to peace with its presence in your life to feel happiness.
2. Nourish Yourself: What’s nourishing to you may irritate another. Nourishment comes on many levels. Food, drink, art, beauty, and nature, are all forms of nourishment. The company that you keep can benefit you or drag you down. The way you feed your senses, your spirit, and your mind also adds to or subtracts from owning ecstasy.
3. Get Comfortable in Your Body: Growing up Catholic, I read about saints’ lives. Some suffered terrible pain yet still knew religious ecstasy. Not many can do that. To get comfortable in your body, you need to do more than get out of pain. Society is jammed with messages that you’re not OK. Getting comfortable in your body means feeling you’re OK however you are.
4. Use Your Natural Resources: You have three power plants in your body: your heart, your smile, and your sexuality. How do you feel when something makes you happy? Aren’t you charged up when you feel love? Throughout the ages religions try to control sexual expression because of its power. Yet systems of enlightenment use sexual power to grow the spiritual self. Use your natural resources to grow bliss.
5. Love, Admire, and Respect Yourself and Others: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you is the Golden Rule. But what about recognizing your success? You deserve admiration for all you’ve accomplished. Would you act the way you do if you treated yourself with respect? Give love, admiration, and respect to others … and also to yourself to expand into moments of bliss.