(Easier said than done right?!)
When we are truly happy in the moment of life, we feel full, complete, whole and satisfied. Time stands still. Clarity is in our hearts. We LOVE life, others and ourselves. We feel good and authentic inside. And when we feel good, we do “good” in this world. We share our overflowing happiness with others, which then recycles right back to us. Our happiness is a gift to the world.
So if it is that simple – BE HAPPY – why do we make it so elusive, difficult and complex to achieve?
Because we have to let go of lots and lots of old patterns and LOOK within. (We can’t blame our troubled pasts, current situations, or worried futures anymore!)
It is solely our responsibility to be happy: it’s no one else’s job. Money, status, material possessions, relationships, living environments, attractiveness, health, jobs, can all enhance our happiness but will not make us happy unless we are happy within first.
This means we need to begin to figure out who we really are; what we truly want in this temporary experience we call life; and what our “life’s work” or purpose is down here on planet Earth. Once we realize that it is our job to re-acquaint ourselves with our own internal happiness and begin to ask these questions about ourselves, then we are on our way to a blissful self-empowering, spiritual life, regardless of all our past, present, and future circumstances and problems.
Some of the ways you can look within and BE HAPPY are…
- Becoming our own best friend
- Finding self-acceptance
- Stopping the verbal wars that go on inside our heads
- Being grateful
- Releasing old stubborn resentments that only block happiness
- Practicing acceptance of others and circumstances
- Stopping “what if” and “worry” scenarios
- Slowing down
- Releasing judgments of ourselves and others
- Letting go of expectations (no one is going to follow all our rules anyway!)
- Showing up and being real and authentic (no more acting)
- Honoring our emotions instead of stuffing them in a drawer
- Becoming fluid in our thoughts
- Stop playing the “seek approval from others” game
- Accepting people and situations as is, not how we want them to be
- Living in the moment
- Allowing ourselves to be “awful” and make mistakes
- Laughing! The best Prosac on the market
- Having our “own backs” during the bumpy times
- Trusting in a higher power and natural process of life
- Being willing and ready
- Stop controlling everything; we really don’t have that much control of anything!
- Asking for guidance from our inner wisdom
- Listening to our guts rather than our logical fears
- Creating beauty
Happiness is the gateway to your spiritual being that resides within you. She is extra-ordinary, full of life, zesty, wise and compassionate. Begin a relationship with her today!
This Post Has One Comment
could you use any more cliches? great that you have gathered every platitude in the book and made a list, it may be much appreciated by some, but i would not call that brilliance or wisdom. being truly happy is not having to continually remind ourselves HOW to be happy with a check list of platitudes. every one of them is true (of course they are) and hopefully your readers find them helpful, although the ad for losing tummy fat is kind of ironic, right next to tips on how to be happy with yourself! money talks…