Enjoying the journey leading to the goal is as important as achieving the goal. Allowing the journey to divinely unfold is the secret to balance and success.
Achieving goals starts at a very early age and is interweaved throughout our lives. Sell the most Girl Scout cookies. Win the spelling bee. Read the most books over the summer to receive the coveted award. Be in the upper 5% of your high school class to get the college scholarship money. Get the job with the top company. Get the bonus. Get the promotion. Buy a house. Buy a bigger house, etc., etc., etc.
In between each of these goals or stepping stones is the process or your beautiful journey through life. You are standing at point A and your next goal is point B. The journey between these two points is as important as getting to the next point.
Are you: Enjoying your journey? Picking up the gems of wisdom? Reading the direction signs? Noticing the little miracles along the way? Having appreciation for the people showing up in your life? Is your heart full of joy and happiness? Are you questioning the challenges, learning the lessons and moving forward? Are you filled with gratitude for the opportunity to be on our planet?
Ten years ago, after continually meeting all my goals but not finding true inner happiness and peace, I would have looked at this list, laughed and thought “that’s impossible.” You cannot meet goals and have that level of balance and joy. Today, I am happy to report, that this level of balance and happiness is not only possible but can be achieved no matter where you are standing in your journey.
How do you find this happy, fulfilling balance?
- Slow down and look around at your daily life. What little things are you missing by always being in a rush and under time pressures?
- Allow yourself to say NO to activities that you dread and/or feel obligated to do. This will free up time for YOU!
- Ask yourself some hard questions – Am I happy? Am I surrounded with love? Am I using my gifts to their full potential? Is my life working with ease and grace?
- Realize that making changes is good. Get a journal, make a list of things you would like to change or improve upon.
- Baby steps are perfect. Take one small thing on your list and work on it. Many small steps lead to big change.
- Feed your soul daily – What makes you giggle and laugh and feel full of life?
- Love yourself and appreciate your uniqueness. When you are in a state of self love it radiates throughout the world.
- Allow yourself to receive help, compliments, and love.
May you embrace the process and find love, happiness, joy, peace and daily miracles. Wishing you a journey that allows you to create your Happy Rainbow Days!!
This Post Has 8 Comments
thanx for sharing your journey
That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing that.
upon re-reading your post, I observed the paying attention to detail implicit in privileging the journey to the destination
[…] (Nelson and Langley respectively) but hold similiar values in regards to getting things done, and embracing the process. There will be no “monkey on our backs” during this […]
Thanks for sharing. Its inpsiring!
Truly profound Inspiration! While reading the article I immediately recalled a cartoon graphic of a man chasing money that was dangling from a stick strapped to his back. His arms were eagerly outstretched towards the money he could never catch and was running full speed towards the grave which had been dug and left open before him. Thank you for providing this insight to “Inspire” us!
What a nice sharing!
Thank you for all:)
Love back to you