What could you accomplish if you stopped listening to doubt and fear and went after a life most people only dream of?
For 12 years, I listened to my doubt and fear, I listened to the negative voices of other people telling me my dream wasn’t possible.
Maybe they were right…. I had no college degree and no special skills – how could a bread delivery driver from Wisconsin become an author, speaker and coach? It seemed impossible.
After the death of my father, I realized that whether or not it seemed impossible, I had to try. Life is too short to die with regret, so I decided to go for it!
Three years later, I’m living my dream life. I’m a published author, an international speaker and life coach. Our family is moving from Wisconsin to Hawaii as I write this.
I’m a living testament that you can do this. What could you accomplish? You can accomplish what most people think is impossible.
Here’s the thing. Life is short, way too short, and none of us will live forever. When we let doubt and fear win, we lose valuable time that could be used truly living.
What would it take to start living your dream?
1. Figure out what your dream life truly is. Take some time to meditate, talk it over with someone close to you, but figure out all those things you really want to accomplish in life.
2. Put a step-by-step plan together. We are blessed with this amazing thing called the “Internet.” Use it to research exactly what it will take, down to the last cent, to make your dream your reality.
3. Take small steps. The best way to test your plan is by putting your toe in the water. Look at your plan, take one of the steps, and see if it works. Once you take one small step, take another, and keep moving forward.
4. Get ready to fall. No matter how solid your plan is, we all experience a fall/failure when making changes. The thing that separates those that are successful from those that aren’t, is the ability to get back up. We all fall but determine right now that when you do, you’ll get back up.
5. Keep pushing forward. Fine-tune your plan, learn more about your dream, get up when you fall, and keep pushing forward. You can do this: you can accomplish anything you want as long as you keep pushing forward.
You owe it to yourself, you owe it to your loved ones. Let this be the year you beat those doubts and fears and accomplish the impossible.
It starts with making that decision and shift in your mind. Once I made that shift, it wasn’t easy — but I can tell you without a doubt, it’s been worth it!